mommypundit

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Talk is Cheap

I heard Harold Ford, Jr. (Rep. D-TN) on FoxNews this morning. He was discussing what the Democrats could do to better reach the electorate.

I've searched for a transcript, but can't find one. To the best of my recollection, he said that the Left needed to start talking about their faith and how their faith guides them. I wish I could quote him, because the impression I got was that he was saying that faith is in vogue; therefore, lawmakers from the Left needed to talk about their faith more. I thought it sounded like they were going to try on faith as if it were low-rise jeans, because that was the current style.

Voters are looking for substance. We don't want to hear legislators talk about their faith. We want to see them vote their faith. The talk ain't diddly without the walk.