mommypundit

Monday, October 18, 2004

Why I'll Vote for George W. Bush

When Samuel was giving his farewell speech to the people of Israel, he admonished them, "If you fear the Lord and serve and obey him and do not rebel against his commands, and if both you and the king who reigns over you follow the Lord your God - good! But if you do not obey the Lord, and if you rebel against his commands, his hand will be against you as it was against your fathers." 1 Samuel 12:14-15

President Bush gave a powerful explanation about his faith during the third debate, "But when I make decisions, I stand on principle, and the principles are derived from who I am." and "I pray for strength. I pray for wisdom. I pray for our troops in harm's way. I pray for my family. I pray for my little girls. "

In that same debate, John Kerry claims to believe, but says that he cannot legislate his beliefs on others. "And I think that everything you do in public life has to be guided by your faith, affected by your faith, but without transferring it in any official way to other people. That's why I fight against poverty. That's why I fight to clean up the environment and protect this earth. That's why I fight for equality and justice. All of those things come out of that fundamental teaching and belief of faith." Isn't he contradicting himself?

My main concern with John Kerry is that he seems to lack a moral compass. I believe that the Bible is to be taken literally; therefore, I believe that we and our "king" need to follow God's commands. Look at 2 Chronicles 28 - 29 to see the contrast between a nation governed by a godly king vs. an ungodly king. I'll choose Bush.